For Yorkshire singles, the region has so much to offer in terms of culture, history and welcoming locals. Here are five reasons why Yorkshire is one of Country Partners’ favourite counties:
- Yorkshire is home to some of the UK’s best theatres, including the Alhambra Theatre in Bradford, the Royal Hull in Harrogate and The Lawrence Batley Theatre in Huddersfield . In Leeds, the Leeds Grand Theatre and Opera House has been entertaining patrons since 1878. Performers have included Sarah Bernhardt, Julie Andrews and Laurence Olivier.
- The beautiful Yorkshire Dales have helped the region become known as ‘God’s Own County’. Here you can find lush valleys crested with white limestone cliffs and picturesque fields and pastures bounded by white drystone walls.
- Historic market towns like Harrogate offer shopping, wellness and cultural experiences. Once a fashionable spa resort, the importance of local mineral springs is still celebrated in the town. Visit the nearby Turkish Baths and Heath Spa where the art of relaxation has been cultivated since 1897.
- For cute afternoon dates, Yorkshire boasts some of the best tea rooms in the UK. The iconic Betty’s Tearooms can be found across the county. Opened by a young, Swiss baker, Fritz Butzer, in 1907, Betty’s combined the skills of a entrepreneurial, young confectioner with outstanding local produce. Today, Betty’s also offers a cookery school for aspiring foodies, in Harrogate.
- Yorkshire has a thriving live music scene. Birthplace of The Arctic Monkeys, the county is home to some of the best and most iconic music venues in the country, including The Brudenell Social Club and Leadmill.
At Country Partners, we know that Yorkshire people are among the most friendly and down to earth you’re likely to meet. Helping single men and women, here and in our neighbouring counties, to find love is a hugely rewarding job. Please do get in touch to speak to one of our friendly membership advisers to find out how Personal Matchmaking can work for you.